Super easy papaya smoothie recipe that can be done under 10 minutes, high in vitamin C, A, potassium, and magnesium, and super delicious (tastes like pumpkin pie). Spiced up with turmeric and cinnamon but can be changed to your taste and need.
This healthy papaya smoothie tastes sweet and creamy and is so versatile. You can add spices, different fruits or plant milks, add more protein, and more. Read below how nutritious this smoothie is and check out all the add-on and adjustment options to create your personalized perfect papaya smoothie.
Nutritional Information and Health Benefits
Papaya is high in vitamin C, vitamin A, and potassium. It also contains some magnesium and B-vitamins. One half papaya covers already all your vitamin C needs for the day. This anti-oxidant rich food can help fight off free radicals, and reduce oxidative stress (source).
The ingredients of the vegan papaya smoothie are one half papaya, one cup of almond milk, and one banana. The healthy smoothie contains 223 calories, 50 g carbs, 6.8 g fiber, 3.2 g fat, and 3 g protein.
Papaya Smoothie Add-ons and Substitutions
This papaya smoothie tastes a bit like a pumpkin pie. There are so many ways to add more nutrition or different flavors to the smoothie. See the suggestions below to create your perfect blend.
- Make it high protein: To increase the protein content of this papaya smoothie, add hemp seed, chia seeds, or flax seeds. You can also substitute almond milk with soy milk, add some chickpeas, or protein powder. Vanilla-flavored protein powder would work nicely with the creamy sweet smoothie.
- Add omega-3s: Hemp seeds, chia seeds, and flax seeds are not only high in protein they also contain omega 3 fatty acids. These have anti-inflammatory properties and are an easy smoothie add-on.
- Add more fruits: Papaya goes well with fruits like orange, banana, mango, and pineapple.
- Tropical: If you choose to add pineapple to the papaya smoothie, use coconut milk instead of almond milk to create a tropical flavor.
- Spice it up: Ceylon cinnamon, turmeric, and ginger are great spices that go well with the papaya smoothie. In the recipe below I add turmeric and cinnamon, but you can also use cinnamon and ginger, or turmeric and ginger. To use fresh ginger cut off a small slice and add it to the blender with all smoothie ingredients.
- Make it filling: Add oats to make this smoothie more filling. Start by adding 1/4 cup to the smoothie recipe below. If you use too much, the oats give the smoothie a powdery taste.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 3g
- Chai Tea Smoothie – Sweet Potato Banana
- Easy Mango Smoothie Bowl
- Healthy Vegan Black Forest Smoothie