This easy taco pasta recipe contains simple ingredients and can be done in under 30 minutes. It is budget friendly and a healthy vegan dinner option. One serving contains 540 calories and 23 g plant based protein.
Today’s healthy and frugal dinner meal contains all whole food plant based ingredients and there is no oil added to the meal. This recipe is also great for weight loss as it is high in protein and fiber.
One serving of this meal will keep you full for a while. It will fuel and restore your body with important vitamins and minerals and it is great if you are on a budget.
Use whole wheat or gluten free elbow pasta, and if you want to speed things up, you can use the packaged taco seasoning.
Nutrition of the easy taco pasta recipe
One serving of the easy vegan taco pasta contains about 540 calories and makes a great weight loss meal. This serving size also provides 24 g of fiber and 23 g of plant based protein which makes this meal very filling. The recipe is also high in iron, zinc, and vitamin C.
You can always increase the serving size to meet your fitness goals. If you need to increase your protein or caloric intake, multiply all ingredients and serving size times 1.5 or 2. You can also add another can of black beans, or some oven baked tofu.
Cost of the Vegan One Pot Taco Elbow Pasta Recipe
- 12 oz elbow pasta $0.72
- 1 can black beans 0.58
- 3 green bell peppers $2.40
- 4-5 tomatoes $2.00
- 1 taco seasoning mix $0.44
One serving of this recipe (~3 cups) costs about $1.50. Please note that these numbers depend on season and store. This cost does not include the optional avocado topping.
How to prepare the taco pasta meal
Add all ingredients to one large pot, add a lid, and set the stove to medium-high heat.
Let this meal simmer for about 15 minutes with lid, stirring occasionally.
Remove the lid and let the rest of the water absorb for about 5 more minutes on low heat (still stirring occasionally).
Split meal into 4 equal servings if desired for meal prep or exact calorie count.
Tops with avocado (nutrition not included)
To make this in the instant pot, add all ingredients and set on stew – high – 5 minutes (closed valve)!
- 3 cups dry elbow pasta (whole wheat)
- 3 cups water
- 2 cans black beans (rinsed)
- 3 green bell peppers, cubed
- 4 tomatoes, cubed
- avocado slices (optional topping)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- optional: red pepper flakes
- Add all ingredients to one large pot, add a lid, and set the stove to medium-high heat.
- Let this meal simmer for about 15 minutes with lid, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and let the rest of the water absorb for about 5 more minutes on low heat (still stirring occasionally)
- Split meal into 4 equal servings if desired for meal prep. Tops with avocado (nutrition not included)
- To make this in the instant pot, add all ingredients and set on stew - high - 5 minutes (closed valve).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: ~3 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 543Total Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 540mgCarbohydrates: 105gFiber: 24gProtein: 23.3g