This super quick 20-minute vegan black bean quinoa chili contains less than 10 ingredients, is oil free, whole food plant based, soy free, and gluten free. One serving contains 450 calories and over 22 g of plant based protein!
Today’s vegan dinner meal is not only a super quick dinner meal, it is also packed with important nutrients and makes a healthy 20-minute dinner. I only used whole ingredients that are easy to get from any store. The recipe is free of gluten, oils, and soy.
You can use this quinoa chili as a vegan chili crockpot recipe or vegan chili slow cooker recipe. It would also be great for your instant pot.
Nutrition of the Black Bean Quinoa Chili
One serving of the black bean quinoa chili contains 455 calories, 74 g carbs, 19 g fiber, 9 g fat, and 22 g protein. This 20-minute meal is high in vitamin C (75 mg per serving), iron, magnesium, and zinc.
The meatless meal makes a great weight loss recipe and it can be stored in the freezer for easy freezer meal prep.
Cost of the black bean quinoa chili
- 3 cans black beans $1.74
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes $0.94
- 0.5 cup dry quinoa $0.74
- 3 green bell peppers $2.28
- spices $0.40
- 1 Avocado $0.82
This meal is $1.73 per serving. Please note that these numbers depend on season and store. I got all my ingredients at Walmart (with grocery pickup) and made this meal in November. Also, I only calculated the price based on the items I used, not on the bulk I bought. You can use the leftovers for other recipes.
- Add the diced tomatoes to a large pot and set on high heat. Add 3/4 cup water to a water boiler and add to pot when water is boiling.
- Rinse the quinoa under water, add it to the pot, mix it together, and cover the pot with a lid.
- Remove the core from the bell peppers, wash, and cut into cubes. Then add them to the pot. Stir everything to combine.
- Now add the rinsed beans and spices. Stir the mixture and cover with lid. Set the heat to medium high and let everything simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add more water if desired. Stir occasionally.
- While it cooks, dice the avocado and split into 4 servings.
- Once the chili is done, split everything into 4 even servings and top with avocado. ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 2-3 cups/ 1/4th recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 455Total Fat: 9gCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 19.7gProtein: 22.2g