Healthy vegan peanut butter stir fry vegetables with brown rice for a filling whole food plant based dinner. One serving contains 640 calories, 30 g protein, and the recipe is done within 30 minutes.
This high protein stir fry is definitely a healthy comfort food and the ingredients are easy to find. The sriracha and ginger give this stir fry peanut sauce a kick and the maple syrup and soy sauce add some interesting flavors.
Broccoli, bell pepper, and ginger add important vitamins and health benefits to this vegan meal while the white beans add minerals and make a great plant based protein source.
Nutrition of the Vegetables with Peanut Sauce
One serving of the stir fry peanut sauce, veggies, and (brown) rice contains about 640 calories, 18 g fiber, 17 g fat, and 30 g protein. It is high in B-vitamins for energy, folate, vitamin C and K, calcium, iron, magnesium, selenium, and zinc.
For women, this meal would cover 50% of your daily need in iron, 70% magnesium, and 46% zinc.
The meal is made with whole food plant based ingredients and no oil or sugar is used. The vegan peanut stir fry is nutrient dense and would also make a great weight loss recipe.
Peanut stir fry sauce recipe Instruction
The ingredients for this meal are simple and easy to find. You’ll need:
- Peanut butter
- Seasoning (maple syrup, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sriracha, apple cider vinegar)
- Bell peppers (orange/yellow)
- Green onion
- White beans (great northern or cannellini)
- Brown rice
How to make the easy peanut sauce stir fry
To prepare the peanut butter stir fry, cook the rice according to the package, then cut and wash the vegetables.
Add beans, broccoli, spring onion, and bell pepper to a large pan with 1/2 cup of water and set on medium heat to steam (with a lid) and let steam for about 15 minutes.
In the meantime you can prepare the peanut butter stir fry sauce; Add peanut butter, apple cider vinegar, sriracha, ginger, soy sauce, garlic, and warm water to a bowl and stir. Add more water if desired.
Coat the veggies with the peanut sauce and serve over rice. Split rice and vegetable stir fry mix equally into 4 servings.
- 6 heaping tablespoons peanut butter (unsweetened, unsalted)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 tbsp soy sauce (sodium reduced)
- 2 tbsp ground fresh ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 24 oz. broccoli
- 3 red (or orange/yellow) bell pepper
- 1 bundle green onion
- 2 cans white beans, rinsed (or 3 cups cooked)
- 1 cup dry brown rice
- optional: turmeric powder and black pepper
- Cook the rice according to the package instruction
- Cut and wash the vegetables
- Add beans, broccoli, spring onion, and bell pepper to a large pan with 1/2 cup of water and set on medium heat to steam (with a lid).
- Once the veggies are soft (15 minutes) you can drain the water and add the peanut sauce.
- For the peanut sauce add peanut butter, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, sriracha, ginger, soy sauce, garlic, and warm water to a bowl and stir. Add more water if desired.
- Coat the veggies with the peanut sauce and serve over rice. Split rice and vegetable stir fry mix equally into 4 servings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 640Total Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgCarbohydrates: 98gFiber: 18gProtein: 30g