Fall is my favorite season of the year. I love eating homemade comfort food, drinking hot teas and coffee, wearing scarves, and seeing colorful leaves. In my first year on the vegan diet I did not have many vegan Fall recipes on hand.
During the Autumn and Winter season I tend to gain a couple pounds, therefore, I like creating fall recipes that are healthy and made with whole foods.
This vegan Fall salad can be adjusted to your needs. I suggest starting with a base of leafy greens that are currently in season. Then top with your favorite fall vegetables and chickpeas. Roast some of the veggies and chickpeas.
I did not use any oil to roast them. You can sprinkle your vegetables with a pinch of salt, pepper, and dried thyme. This mix will give your vegetables a Fall-like taste.
For a dressing I like to use either a maple-mustard dressing or a simple Italian dressing. You can choose from 4 of my favorite oil free salad dressings in THIS POST. Pick any dressing you like and use it for the vegan Fall salad. You can also use your favorite store bought dressing.
Nutrition of the Easy Vegan Fall Salad
This autumn harvest salad (made with Italian dressing) contains 400 calories, 14.6 g of plant based protein, and is rich in fiber, vitamin A, K, folate, iron, magnesium, and zinc.
If you are on a weight loss journey, this makes a filling weight loss meal. If you want to increase muscle mass you can simply increase the size of the salad. 800 calories (2 servings) would also give you almost 30 g of plant based protein.
Get the Full 10-Day Fall meal Plan
This healthy fall meal is also a part of the Healthy 10-Day Fall Meal Plan. With it you can download a healthy Autumn meal plan filled with nutritious vegan recipes perfect to boost your immune system.
You’ll also get a meal planning template to customize the meal plan to your family size, serving size, and caloric needs. Get more INFO HERE>>
- Spread the rinsed chickpeas and cubed sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and dried thyme. Then bake on 425 F for 15 minutes (until soft).
- In the meantime, assemble the salad and prepare the dressing.
- Pick a salad dressing from this post. I like the maple mustard dressings and the Italian dressing for the vegan Fall salad.
- You can let the chickpeas and sweet potatoes cool if you'd like. Then add to your salad and drizzle with the dressing.
This recipe makes one salad. You can make more servings to make this as a food prep (lunch prep) for the week. Change ingredients and adjust this salad to your needs and taste. The nutritional values below are for one salad like described above with the Italian dressing.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400Total Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 16gProtein: 14.6g
- Vegan Fall Casserole Sheet Pan Recipe
- 60+ Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes
- 50+ Vegan Weight Loss Recipes
- 7-Day Vegan Fall Meal Plan For Weight Loss