Have you ever tried beetroot in a smoothie?
Red beets are very high in anti-oxidants, iron, zinc, and folate. The only problem is that not everyone likes the taste of red beets. So today, I would like to share a beet ginger smoothie that contains lemon and chia seeds. This healthy smoothie is very refreshing, anti-inflammatory, and can also be used for weight loss.
Honestly, it wasn’t easy to create a red beet smoothie. The beetroot is earthy tasting. First, I tried to make it a sweet smoothie, but the earthy taste came out too strong. Then, I tried a more citrusy refreshing blend and I actually enjoyed that version.
Nutrition of the Red Beet Smoothie
One recipe or one smoothie contains 230 calories, 11 g fiber, 38 g carbs, and 11.8 g protein. It is very high in omega 3 fatty acids which is great for lowering inflammation. The beet ginger smoothie is also high in folate (165 μg), vitamin C (30 mg), vitamin K, iron (3.5 mg), magnesium (90 mg), and zinc (1.3 mg).
- 1 small beet root (1/2 cup cubed)
- 1 cup berries (frozen)
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 slice ginger
- 1 t chia seeds
- 1 cup soy milk (or other plant based milk)
- You can peel the beet root and cut into smaller pieces.
- Add everything into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Add more liquid if desired or lemon and ginger.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 5.2gCholesterol: 0mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 11gProtein: 11.8g
- Vegan Chai Tea Smoothie
- 15+ Fruit and Veggie Smoothie Recipes
- Filling Vegan Pineapple Banana Smoothie