Creamy vegan tofu spaghetti recipe where the tofu is blended into the tomato sauce so you won’t even taste it. This high protein dinner or lunch meal (28 g protein) is also great for weight loss (450 calories).
Would you like to enjoy the health benefits of tofu but can’t stand the taste?
Tofu is a great plant based protein source because it provides a complete amino acid profile. It is a soy product that might also help prevent certain types of cancer and it is super cheap. But have you tried it?
In my first year eating a vegan diet I tried tofu once and never again. I simply could not figure out how to make it taste good, so I got my protein from other plant based sources like beans, lentils, and nuts.
Then it hit me: What if I just blend it with other ingredients into a well seasoned sauce? Turns out that was a great idea and it kind of tastes like a vegan ricotta cheese creamy sauce.
I mixed the sauce with cashews, tomato sauce, garlic, and more. Then I added basil and oregano for taste. I also like to add lots of veggies to my meals for a balanced diet. Below you can read more about the nutrition of the sun dried tomato pasta recipe, the cost, and you can print the recipe.
Tofu Spaghetti Recipe: Nutrition and Weight Loss
This vegan tofu recipe is high in protein (27 g), B-vitamins, and contains 450 calories. It makes a great weight loss recipe with balanced nutrition. One serving of this meal covers the following recommended daily allowance:
- Soak the cashews for 10 minutes in water.
- Cook the pasta according to package. Before you add the spaghetti in the pot, break the strings in half so you can mix it better later.
- Add tomato sauce, garlic, cashews, tofu, sun dried tomatoes (see notes to modify), and 1/2 cup water into a blender and mix until creamy.
- Sauté the onions and mushrooms in 1/4 cup water for 5 minutes, then drain the water.
- In the meantime, cut the cherry tomatoes in half then add to pot. Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well and heat everything thoroughly. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2.5 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450Total Fat: 12.5gCholesterol: 0mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 11gProtein: 28g