Best Meal Planning Services For Your Health and Budget
Best Meal Planning Services to simplify your life, reduce food waste, save time, and stay healthy on a budget. Never wonder what to eat anymore with these healthy and budget friendly meal plans plus shopping list.
Are you tired of searching for healthy and frugal meals every week, spending hours meal planning and preparing? Or did you already give up eating healthy on a budget?
Today I will introduce you to the 3 best meal planning services that cover budget friendly AND healthy meal plans. All meal plan services cost only between $5 and $8 a month and will actually help you reduce food waste, save money on groceries, save time and energy planning and cooking, and simplify your life!
Subscribe to the newsletter to receive updates, recipes & meal plans, and get instant access to the FREE PDF:
Why should I meal plan?
- Stop stressing out about what to make each night!
- Save time in the store
- Reduce food waste
- Save money with budget-friendly recipes
- Enjoy a variety of food! Always have new recipes to try
- Eat healthy
- Save time searching for recipes
- Save time writing a shopping list
- 6 Healthy Aldi Dinner Recipes for $40
- 7 Freezer Meal Plans: 100 Budget and Healthy Freezer Meals
- 1400 Calorie Weight Loss Meal Plan on a Budget
This post may contain affiliated links.
Best Meal Planning Services
Now, let me introduce you to my top healthy meal planning services on a budget. Don’t forget to SAVE THIS TO PINTEREST!
With the eMeal meal planning service you have the option to pick between different meal plans like clean eating, Aldi friendly, quick and healthy, low carb, paleo, low fat, low calorie, portion control, budget friendly, 30 minutes, kid friendly, slow cooker, gluten free, vegetarian, Mediterranean, diabetic, and so many more.
The best part? You can switch between the plans, start a 14-day trial HERE, and you can even get a healthy lunch or breakfast plan.
Cost: Starts as low as $5 a month (for the 12 month subsrciption).
Of course, I love the fact that it is Aldi friendly
EMeals also provides the portion control meal plans! You can even view a sample.
CookSmarts offers 3 flexible subscription options, cooking videos, diet options, it is Weight Watchers and MyFitnessPal friendly, and you get access to the whole meal plan archive dated back to 2013.
The free trial includes 3 meal plans and you can even preview the archives. If you decide to subscribe to get fresh meal plans every week it is only between $6 and $8 per month!
You can choose to make any of the meals provided or add meals from the archives (this is a feature only paid members can access)
How it works: Everybody gets the same meal plan each week, but each meal has a gluten-free, paleo, and vegetarian variation. You can cancel anytime in your account page. If you don’t cancel, your subscription will automatically renew.
Here are two recipes I cooked to show you a little bit about what you can expect. The meal below was a simple meatball sub with a healthy salad. It was easy to prepare and tasted delicious.
The next recipe is a baked chicken parmesan. The recipe called for zucchini noodles, but I decided to use normal spaghetti. The recipes are easily adjustable and basic good tasting recipes.
This recipe contains 523 calories per serving and if you are doing the weight watchers program you can count 15 smartpoints, 13 pointsplus, or 11 old points.
If you would like to try this meal I share the full recipe below.
Baked Chicken Parmesan:
- Cheese, fresh mozzarella – 4 oz, grated
- Cheese, parmesan, plus extra for serving – 2 oz, grated
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless – 1 lb, sliced into strips
- Eggs – 2
- Panko breadcrumbs – 1 cup
- Italian seasoning – 1 tsp
- Marinara sauce (use your favorite store bought variety) – 2 cups
Sauteed Zucchini Noodles:
- Zucchini (sub spaghetti) – 1 lb, spiralized, sliced into noodles with a peeler, or sliced
- Oil, cooking – 1 Tbsp
- Mozzarella / Parmesan – Prep as directed. (Can be done 2 days ahead)
- Chicken breasts – Slice into strips. Season with some salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Zucchini – Turn zucchini into ‘noodles’ with a spiralizer or peel off strips with a peeler. (Note: If you prefer, you can also just slice your zucchini to make a zucchini saute or sub pasta.)
- Prep breading stations – In one bowl or container, whisk eggs with some salt and pepper. In a separate container with a lid (or Ziploc bag), combine panko, parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning in a container with a lid or Ziploc bag.
- Heat oven to 375F / 190C degrees.
- Dip chicken into eggs and then toss into panko mixture. Cover with lid or Ziploc bag and shake until panko coats chicken. Brush sheet pan with some oil and spread chicken out onto sheet pan. Bake on the middle oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken is done and golden.
- While chicken bakes, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add oil and zucchini with a sprinkle of salt. Saute until zucchini is tender, ~2 minutes for zucchini noodles and 4 minutes for zucchini slices.
- Remove chicken from oven. Turn on the oven’s broiler. Top chicken with mozzarella. Broil just until the mozzarella is melted, ~2 minutes.
- Heat sauce briefly in the microwave.
- Top zucchini with sauce, chicken and extra parmesan. Enjoy!
#3 The $5 Meal Plan
The 5 Dollar Meal Plan was hand crafted by a mother of 4 to take stress out of getting dinner ready and also to save money on groceries. This plan will provide 7 Dinner Recipes PLUS lunch recipes AND the shopping list. It will get sent to your email every week.
You can print the plan with the shopping list and have a dinner recipe ready for every night serving 4 people. This meal plan is supposed to take the stress away and bring the fun back into grocery shopping and cooking for your family.
The $5 meal plan is a classic meal plan that will cost you $5 a month (after a 14 day FREE trial). This includes a dinner recipe for every day serving 4 people, plus more recipes for lunch and grocery coupons. You can also pick the gluten free version for purchase instead.
The $5 Meal Plan also offers specialty meal plans as a one time purchase. For $8-$10 you will get a 6 week meal plan in any of the following categories: Slow Cooker Meal Plan, Paleo/Whole 30 Meal Plan, Vegetarian Meal Plan, 30-Minute Meals Plan and Summer Slow Cooker Recipes Meal Plan. These are one-time purchase packages which means you get everything right away, instead of a weekly email.
I have tested and cooked some of the meals and you can read the full $5 meal plan review HERE.
Just by signing up for each meal plan trial you can already grab 7 FREE meal plans! Which one of these Best Meal Planning Services are you going to try first? Let me know in the comments below!